Tuesday 1 April 2014

Seasons

Your love is like a garden in the summer
in Montreal: flourishing and beautiful.
Your scent is like the most expensive myrrh
and the flowers are all around bountiful.

Walking through this garden I can smell your love.
And birds sing their songs harmoniously.
And perfect cotton candy clouds float above
But the clouds are ignored, you are all I see.

But when fall comes,your petals crumble and shrivel
and when winter hits, you turn so icy cold
I walk this cold garden, head low and I snivel.
Whatever happened to those fun days of gold?

Your love used to keep my heart warm all day long

But now I know for each other we were wrong.

2 comments:

  1. I just read a bunch of your poems and this is my favorite, i don't know why, but I love it. I really like all your work, i never knew you could write like this, don't stop! :)
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much! means a lot to me to have readers!

      Delete